Friday, October 10, 2008

Calling in the experts

Well, after what seemed like a long week back at U.A., I'm back at home doing boating things. Today is probably my last chance to get on the water, so I'm taking a friend out on Onondaga Lake in Adra. It looks a little calm today, but hopefully it will be nice on the lake. So, the guy my dad called last time I was home is pretty excited about me getting more into sailing. Yesterday he came over with an armload of books for me to read and then we sat down and talked sailing. I don't remember for sure, but I believe we talked for over two hours. I learned quite a bit I didn't know and have slightly revised my list of potential boats. Now I'm looking for something I could tow with the truck at the beginning and end of the season. That way I wouldn't have to pay winter storage fees. It might still have to be craned on and off the trailer; something I may or may not be able to afford. Still, I now have a slightly longer list of places to look, and I have someone who knows what they're talking about if I have questions. Things are coming along slowly but surely.

No comments:

Counter