Sunday, October 19, 2008

A decision at last

Well, I've been doing a lot of research on boats lately, and I compiled a list of features I want. From there I narrowed the search down to two boats I liked. The Pearson 26, and the Grampian 26. Looking further in to these models I tried to compare them. The two boats seem to be pretty similar. I like the storage available in the P26 with some modifications, and it's less ungainly appearance, but there's one problem. I want whatever boat I buy to be hoisted onto a trailer and taken home at the end of the season. The P26 is over the legal width limit for NYS and the G26 is, supposedly, not. If I found either one for sale cheap I would probably buy it, but I'm leaning for the mobility of the Grampian. I don't know... I'd like to verify the measurements in person to double check. Anyways, those are basically the two boats I'm considering. We'll see what comes of it all.

No comments:

Counter