Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Still Looking

Well, my friend and I went down to Ithaca to look at the 24' Allied Greenwich they had there and it was pretty sad. The side decks were mush, the fiberglass was split in a number of places, and most of the woodwork looked like it was ready to fall off at any minute. Besides that, the cabin was so small I could not sit on the settee without hitting my head on the cabin top. So that boat is pretty much out. There was a Triton there that might come up for sale soon, but I'm not really planning on waiting for that. Dad contacted one of the many people he knows, who also happens to be a sailor, and asked what boats he would recommend for cruising. So now I'm looking for Bristol 24's and Grampian 26's along with my previous wish list items. Next week I'll be home again, and I'll probably go back to Oneida Lake and see what there is to see. Everything still looks about a thousand dollars out of my price range, but we'll see.

No comments:

Counter