Friday, June 4, 2010

Launch day. Or not...

Well, this was supposed to be a post about launch day, and how everything went according to plan. Unfortunately, however, it did not. In fact, launch day never happened. The first planned launch was the 26th of May. Nothing was ready. The second was Tuesday, the weather didn't cooperate and nothing was ready. Tuesday we went supply shopping, and I did some more work on Cassandra. Wednesday the supplies and weather were ready, but the boat and her captain were not. Thursday, what was supposed to be launch day, the boat is nearly ready, but her captain is not. And so, since I have to be back in Baldwinsville on the 12th I made what my father called a "Captainly decision." I'm not leaving until June 14th. This gives me the time I need to make sure everything is in order before I leave, and doesn't have me rushing or leaving on a Friday or weekend. After the 12th I have no commitments and will be heading off for certain.

No comments:

Counter