Monday, June 14, 2010

Launch Day Approaches. For Real.


Ok, so despite a few setbacks, things appear to be on track for a Tuesday launch this week. The weather is cooperating for the next week at least. Cassandra is aching to step into the water again with a freshly painted name and newly buffed and waxed hull. And, her captain is surprisingly not panicking despite the fact that in two days, my whole life gets flipped on its head.
I think I might actually be ready for this.
Anyways, the plan is to get Cassandra hoisted in at Fairport Marina in Fairhaven where I will step the mast and then sail and motor around the bay for sea trials. I can then pull up at the docks at Fairhaven State Park to finish provisioning and hopefully take on any passengers who would like to go for a short sail with me. I'll be spending the night at anchor there, and set off the next day to begin this insane dream I call adventure.

No comments:

Counter